The Orthopedics department at the Thumbay Hospital, Fujairah, UAE, provides excellent clinical service to patients from all age group, infants to the elderly, from the simplest orthopedic cases to the complex ones. It provides round the clock emergency services for the needy patients.
Specialists in orthopedic department help in diagnosis and treatment of disorders, conditions, and injuries of the skeletal system and the muscles, joints, and ligaments associated with it. Our goal in the Orthopedic Department is to restore mobility and eliminate pain so that patients can get back to everyday life as soon as possible.
The Department of Orthopedic Surgery at Thumbay Hospital, Fujairah, UAE, provides expert treatment for all aspects of musculoskeletal injuries, non-traumatic orthopedic problems, including inpatient and outpatient surgical care and rehabilitation.
The department provides surgical and non-surgical treatment for various types of fractures, keeping up with the latest and the best implants available. Minimally invasive Arthroscopy/keyhole surgery for various sports and non-sports related problems are dealt with as day care procedures.
The department is actively evolving for better, day by day and acquiring the latest developments and Instruments to provide the best care for the patients in this region.
- Total knee replacement.
- Hemi /Bipolar/ Total Hip replacement.
- Spinal disc surgeries and Laminectomy, Endoscopic Discectomy.
- Stabilization of degenerative spine.
- Epidural injections for Chronic back pain.
- Arthroscopy – diagnostic & therapeutic
- Deformation corrective surgeries
- Corrective surgery for congenital deformities.
- Corrective osteotomies for varus and valgus deformity
- Skin grafting procedures.
- Spinal fracture fixation
- Interlocking intramedullary nailing.
- POP and synthetic slabs and cast for various injuries and fractures.
- Splinting of limbs for various injuries.
- Joint aspirations and intra-articular injections.
- Soft tissue /trigger point injections.
- Minor Lacerated wound suturing.
- Wound dressings and suture removals.
- Aspirations of ganglions.
- Closed manipulation of minor and selected major fractures and dislocation under local/hematoma block.
- Bone tumor, minor hand reconstruction surgery.
- Tendon repair, reconstruction.
- Soft tissue injuries of limbs.
- All types of fracture- dislocation cases.
- Bone, joint and spine infection.
- Degenerative joint disorders.
- Decompression of spinal canal stenosis.