The department of emergency is the gateway and mirror of the hospital which works round the clock. The department is responsible for the acute care patients who present without prior appointment; either by their own means or by that of an ambulance.
This department was started around ten years ago and over the period of time it has grown by number of patients visiting for emergency treatment. Emergency department provides treatment to patients suffering from life threatening emergencies which include cardiac emergencies, industrial emergencies surgical emergencies and orthopedic emergencies and treating routine patients during off OPD hours. Emergency department team also escorts emergency patients to higher centers.
- 24 hour emergency services mainly Cardiac Emergency, Industrial Trauma, Surgical Emergency, Gynae/Obs Emergency, Pediatric Emergency, and Orthopedic Emergency.
- The ED provides a comprehensive emergency service to all patients presenting to the department on a 24 hour basis.
- The department accepts all patients for treatment.
- ED staff is specialized emergency healthcare providers who have advanced qualifications and experience.
- The department is able to provide rapid resuscitation, stabilization and transfer of critically ill patients.
Academics & Research:
The emergency department provides clinical training to GMU students as per requirement. The Emergency Department participates in CMEs. The Emergency Department is BLS/ACLS providers.
Community Education: The Emergency Department conducts health awareness talks in various organizations.
Research: Emergency Department faculty and clinicians are involved in clinical research and innovation through which improved quality patient care is achieved.