The ENT Department provides Assessment and Care of Patients of all age groups suffering from complaints of Ear, Nose and Throat as regular outpatients services on all days of the week and on call coverage for 24 hours a day for emergency cases. ENT outpatient clinics are equipped with modern ENT units and adjustable patient chairs.
ENT department is concerned with Otorhinolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery which is a major specialty, with many subspecialties i.e. otology, rhinology, facial plastic surgery, laryngology, head and neck surgery and pediatric otolaryngology.
The department is covering the outpatient, inpatient, On call for emergency services. We are capable to deal with patients of headache, sore throat, voice changes, sneezing, nose block, discharge, epistaxis and cough. Patients who have swellings and infections of the face and neck including salivary glands. Also complaints of Ear pain, discharge, itching, hearing loss, tinnitus, dizziness and vertigo. Patients with respiratory allergies and Foreign bodies in the nose, ear and throat. Patients with Facial trauma, lacerations and nasal bone fractures.
The ENT department offers diagnosis and management of diseases of the ear, nose, throat, head and neck. The department provides services for both In-patient & Outpatiet which includes:
- Adenoidectomy and tonsillectomy with/without coblation
- Examination under anaesthesia
- Neck cyst excision
- Preauricular cyst excision
- Drainage of peritonsillar and other neck abscesses
- Nasal bone fracture reduction
- Septal hematoma/abscess drainage
- SMD and partial turbinectomy
- Nasal polypectomy
- Myringotomy and ventilation tubes insertion
- Cortical and radical mastoidectomy
- Submandibular gland stones removal
- Direct Laryngoscopy
- Microlaryngoscopy surgeries
- Head and neck lymph node biopsy
- Pure tone Audiometry
- Tympanometry (Impedance metry) and acoustic reflex decay
- Aural toilet with suction and irrigation
- Foreign body removal (ear, nose, throat)
- Ear /Nose/Lip piercing
- nasal bone fracture closed reduction
- Diagnostic nasal endoscopy and rigid laryngoscopy
- endoscopic nasal / ear and nasopharyngeal biopsy
- Cauterization of nose for epistaxis and nasal packing (management of epistaxis)
- Ear packing
- Suction clearance under L.A
- drainage of peritonsillar abcess
- Minor I&D.
- Vestibular function assessment
The department is involved in undergraduate teaching for MBBS, Pharm D students, Gulf Medical University, Ajman.