Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology is the pride of this hospital. Department provides excellent clinical service to the needy patients including round the clock emergency services. Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
The department grew from a small obstetric unit to start with to the present size of comprehensive Obstetrics & Gynecology department providing outpatient (including specialty clinics), inpatient, emergency services along with painless Labour & Delivery service, Operative services including minimal access surgery services.
Departmental faculty provides education to students as well as to community imparting knowledge in health. Clinicians in the department are actively involved in continuous professional development including research activities which contributes for the departmental growth.
Obstetrics department offers the following range of services:
- Care of Pregnant Women from Early Pregnancy until Delivery
- Dealing with high-risk Pregnancies.
- Antenatal fetal Surveillance.
- First Trimester Screening and Nuchal Translucency (NT) Screening.
- Dietician Services.
- Antenatal Classes.
- Painless Labour Service.
- Postnatal Services and Contraception.
Gynecology department offers the following range of services;
- Abdominal & Vaginal Hysterectomy, Nondesent vaginal hysterectomy (Scarless)
- Benign Gynecological Surgery.
- Colposcopy, Outpatient and Inpatient Treatment of Pre-Invasive Lesions of the Cervix.
- Cryotherapy Cone Biopsy Diagnostic and Operative Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy.
- IUCD/MIRENA insertion IUCD Removal Laparoscopic Ovarian Cystectomy, Ovarian diathermy, adhesiolysis, Salphingectomy for ectopic pregnancy.
- Pap Smear
- Repair of Uterovaginal Prolapse
- Transvaginal Ultrasound / Sonohysterogram
- Treatment of Ectopic Pregnancy
- Infertility evaluation and treatment.
The department caters education in Obstetrics and Gynecology for students of Gulf Medical University Ajman UAE for following courses:
Postgraduate courses (proposed)
Master in Obstetrics & Gynecology
Diploma in Human Reproductive Biology
Antenatal classes for pregnant women, couples and prospective mothers on monthly basis.
School health education to impart knowledge for children and adolescents in women health.
Departmental faculty and clinicians are actively involved in clinical research and innovation through which improved quality patient care is achieved
Ongoing research projects in the Department
Breast and Cervical cancer: An exploratory study among women in the Northern emirates – Principle Investigator – Dr. Prashanth Hegde
*Note: To serve you better these doctors are now available at Thumbay University Hospital, Al Jurf-Ajman
P.O Box: 4184 , Ajman, UAE