Cardiology Experts Discuss Latest Innovations, Emerging Trends, Challenges and Solutions at the ‘7th Annual Conference on Latest Trends in Cardiology’ Jointly Hosted by Thumbay Hospitals and Gulf Medical University
Cardiology experts from across the UAE gathered at Dusit Thani Hotel, Dubai on 4th May 2018, to discuss various topics at the ‘7th Annual Conference on Latest Trends in Cardiology from Diagnosis & Therapy’ jointly hosted by Thumbay Hospitals and Gulf Medical University (GMU), Ajman. Accredited by the MOHAP for 8 CME hours, the conference had doctors, nurses and healthcare professionals from different parts of the country in attendance, as the speakers presented their views on the innovations, trends, challenges and solutions in the field of cardiology.
Topics discussed included:
- Insights into implementation Heart Failure: Guidelines in clinical practice – Mohamed Ahmed Fathi, Cardiology Lecturer and Specialist, Thumbay Hospital, Ajman.
- Heart Rate in Heart Failure Management – Dr. Mohamed Osman Mselhy, Senior Consultant Cardiologist, Kalba Hospital, MOHAP.
- State of the art management of Dyslipidemia: Focus on PCSK9 inhibitors – Dr. Amrish Agrawal, Consultant Cardiologist, Fujairah Hospital, MOHAP.
- Management of Hypertension in Emergency settings – Dr. Mahmood Mohammed Ghanaim, Consultant Cardiologist, Head of Emergency Dept., Dubai Hospital, DHA.
- Hypertension in 2018 – Dr. Ehab Esheiba, Head of Cardiology Department, Thumbay Hospital, Ajman.
- DAPT in CAD – Dr. Mahmoud Farouk, Consultant Intervention Cardiologist, Thumbay Hospital, Ajman.
- Challenging Cases From The Cath Lab – Dr. Fekry El Deeb, Consultant Intervention Cardiologist, Zulekha Hospitals (Sharjah/ Dubai).
- Updates on Aortic Valve Diseases – Dr. Debabrata Dash, Specialist Intervention Cardiologist, Thumbay Hospital, Ajman.
- Chronic Stable Angina: Updates – Dr. Sony Manuel, Specialist Cardiologist, Thumbay Hospital, Ajman.
- Interventional cardiology 2020 – Dr. Hussien Heshamat, Consultant Intervention Cardiologist Fujairah Hospital, MOHAP.
- NOACs and SPAF: Review – Dr. Ehab Esheiba, Head of Cardiology Department, Thumbay Hospital, Ajman.
The Annual Conference on Latest Trends in Cardiology is conducted every year with the aim of providing broader knowledge to medical professionals, to help them stay updated on the latest trends in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cardiac disorders. The conference has gained greater importance in recent years due to the increased incidence of cardiac diseases worldwide, as well as the development of advanced technology and devices significantly impacting the treatment of cardiac disorders, replacement and repair therapy. Led by leading cardiologists from leading hospitals in the UAE, the conference features case discussions, discussions on cutting edge technologies, lectures, sessions on interventional cardiology and case presentations on various complications and techniques.